Picnics after school club provide healthy, nutritious and balanced food and drinks. Food and drink are safely prepared with regard to the dietary and religious requirements of the children in our care. We ask parents to notify us regarding any special dietary requirements or allergies when they register their child.
Information regarding food allergies is recorded on the Allergy Information Board which is visible to staff whilst food is being prepared.
Picnics after school club promote healthy eating and lead by example. Staff responsible for food preparation, handling and storage have received appropriate training.
- We provide suitable healthy snacks for all the children.
- Children are encouraged to develop good eating skills and table manners.
- All children are given plenty of time to eat.
- Where appropriate, children are involved in planning and preparing food and snacks.
- Fresh drinking water is available at all times.
- Fresh fruit is available at all sessions.
- Withholding food is never used as a form of punishment.
- Staff discuss with children the importance of a balanced diet where appropriate.
- The Club does not regularly provide sweets for children.
- We limit access to fatty or sugary foods.
- Children are never forced to eat or drink anything against their will.
This policy was adopted by Picnics After School Club.
Written in accordance with the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (2014): Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements: Food and drink [3.47-3.48].